How do I get a copy of a police incident or accident report?

Reports are ready in three business days. There is a fee of $10 per report. You can request your report two ways. ONLINE You may request a copy of your vehicle crash report or incident report online. Click here to get your vehicle crash report Click here to get your incident report IN PERSON The records window is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. We accept cash and check payments only. You must present a valid government-issued photo ID for verification.

My vehicle has been impounded. What do I do?

Vehicle owners must come to the Pelham Police Department to obtain a vehicle release. An impounded vehicle will only be released to the registered owner of the vehicle. The registered owner is considered to be the person who is registered as being the owner according to State of Alabama vehicle records such as the vehicle title or vehicle registration. Ownership must be verified by one of the following: title, application for title, tag receipt, and/or bill of sale. Picture identification must be presented to verify identity of vehicle owner. Any of the following documents are acceptable: Driver's license from any U.S. state or territory, ID card from any U.S. state or territory, U.S. passport, U.S. military ID, AST-60 form, U.S. Certificate of Naturalization, U.S. permanent resident card, U.S. employment authorization card, foreign driver's license, foreign passport, or consular ID card. At the time of release, the legal registered owner must provide a valid and current driver's license.

  • Current and valid driver's license from any U.S. state or territory.
  • AST-60 Form if arrested for DUI (provided at time of arrest).
  • If the legal registered owner has no driver's license, an expired license, a suspended license, a revoked license, or a cancelled license, he/she must have a driver, with a valid license, accompany them to the police department to obtain the vehicle release. Only a licensed driver will be allowed to drive the towed vehicle away from the impound lot.
Location of Impound Lots
Impounded vehicles may be retrieved between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7days a week from the wrecker service impound lots listed below. You must obtain the vehicle release paperwork before going to the wrecker service impound lot.
Kirkland's Wrecker Service 1365 McCain Pkwy Pelham, AL 35124
Wheeler Wrecker Service 3180 Lee St Pelham, AL 35124

How do I obtain a permit to carry a firearm?

Please contact the Shelby County Sheriff's Office at 205-669-4181 or visit their website to obtain a pistol permit.

How do I request a criminal record check?

Contact the Records Division at 205-620-6443 or 205-620-6463 for more information.

How do I apply for a job as a police officer with the Pelham Police Department?

When the Pelham Police Department is hiring for police officer, dispatcher or records clerk positions, the full job listing, application, and background check authoritzation can be found on the News page. The postings will also be announced on the department's social media channels.

How do I find out if a registered sex offender lives near me?

Search for registered sex offenders by entering your address here.

How do I file a complaint against a Pelham Police Officer?

Instructions to file a complaint

Do you have a list of approved bail bond companies?

Yes. Below is a list of approved bail bond companies:


AAA Alabama Right Choice Bail Bonding: 326-3222

Bail Bond Brother LLC: 419-3004

Blue Sky Bail Bonds Inc.: 837-0179

JM Bail Bonding Inc.: 426-8181

Price Bail Bonds: 358-7474

Rush Bail Bonds: 670-5335 or 682-6001

Wade Bail Bonding LLC: 663-0511

How do I know if filing an online police report is right for me?

Question: What do I do if this is an emergency or if online incident reporting is not right for me? Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency, call 205-620-6550.
Question: What do I do if the incident took place outside of Pelham city limits? Answer: If the incident took place outside of the City of Pelham please call the police department for that city.
Question: What is a known suspect and what do I do if I have that information? Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in. If you have known suspect information, please call 205-620-6550 to report the incident.
Question: What do I do if the incident happened on a state freeway? Answer: If the incident took place on a state freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.