- Police Department
Compact utilizes career law enforcement officers, who are specialized investigators, in an attempt to gather information from school resource officers, coaches, teachers, parents, community leaders, etc., in hopes of identifying students and young adults who are at risk of substance abuse and addiction or are already involved.
For more information, email Compact 2020 or visit the Compact 2020 website.
Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force
The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force consists of law enforcement officers from multiple agencies, an Operations Assistant, Certified Crime and Intelligence Analysts, and a prosecutor from the Shelby County District Attorney's Office. It is the lead agency for all felony drug arrests for Shelby County.
Submit an anonymous tip to the Task Force or visit the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force website.
A drug disposal box is in the lobby of the Police and Court building. Anyone wishing to dispose of prescription or over-the-counter medications may do so anonymously. You do not have to see anyone or fill out any paperwork. It is as simple as bringing the medications to the lobby of the building and dropping them in the drug take-back box.
Why Disposal is Important
The dangers of keeping unused and outdated medications in your home continue to increase annually. The illegal use of prescription drugs is a serious problem and continues to destroy lives. Please join the Pelham Police Department and help put a stop to the illegal use of prescription drugs in our community by turning in your unused and outdated drugs today.
Thank you for helping in the fight against prescription drug abuse.
We do not accept thermometers, needles, inhalers, aerosol cans, lotions, or liquids.
CVS Pharmacy donated the disposal box as part of a grant.
Other Area Law Enforcement Agencies (Non-Emergency)
- Alabaster Police Department: 205.663.7401
- Calera Police Department: 205.668.3505
- Columbiana Police Department: 205.669.1511
- Harpersville Police Department: 205.672.2490
- Helena Police Department: 205.663.6499
- Hoover Police Department: 205.444.7640
- Montevallo Police Department: 205.665.1264
- Shelby County Sheriff's Office: 205.669.4181
- University of Montevallo Police Department: 205.665.6155
- Vincent Police Department: 205.672.2261
State & Federal Partners (Non-Emergency)
- ALEA General Information: 334.517.2800
- ALEA Birmingham Trooper Post: Birmingham: 205.322.4691
- Highway Emergencies Using Cellular Phones *HP (*47)
- ALEA Driver License Offices: 334.242.4400
- Drug "HELP" Line: 800.392.8011
- State Bureau of Investigation Birmingham Field Office: 205.942.9620
- FBI Birmingham Field Office: 205.326.6166
- ATF Birmingham Field Office: 205.583.5920
- DEA Birmingham Field Office: 205.321.1300